Material Lifts (9)
Material lift rentals from United Rentals have a heavy-duty design, yet are lightweight and portable so you can easily assemble, disassemble and load onto a pickup truck. Our material lifts can hold up to 700 lb. and raise loads up to 24'. Plus, the lifts are easily maneuvered with rear transport wheels and walk-behind manual operation. Rent a material lift to easily raise and lower ducting, metal, drywall, unit heaters, construction framework, roll-up doors, transformers, HVAC and refrigeration equipment, overhead piping, fire protection systems and more.
- How low to the ground can a material lift platform go?
- United Rentals offers a variety of material lift rentals. When the material lift forks are lowered all the way, the standard load position height is 6" above the ground. Material lifts can raise loads up to 24'.
- Can the winch be locked in any position to enable off-loading?
- Yes, after you raise your load to the desired height, the winch can be locked in place for loading and unloading. Some models come with glide rails that make it easy to load and unload materials for transport.
- Does a material lift rigger need to be certified?
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires employers to have a qualified rigger present during hoisting activities for assembling and disassembling work. A qualified material lift rigger does not have to be certified by an accredited organization or third party, but the employer may require it. According to OSHA, a qualified rigger "has extensive knowledge, training, and experience, and can successfully demonstrate the ability to solve problems related to rigging loads." This may mean the person possesses a recognized degree or certificate.