Scissor Lifts (20)
United Rentals provides a range of scissor lift rentals suitable for construction, industrial maintenance, entertainment, warehouse applications and more. You’ll be able to find scissor lift solutions with excellent maneuverability for narrow and compact spaces needing elevated work platforms as well as larger options with ample working space and heavy lifting capacity. Choose from a range of electric scissor lifts ideal for indoor applications and rough terrain scissor lifts for traversing slopes, uneven terrain and mud.
- Does OSHA require a harness in a scissor lift?
- Fall protection equipment is required in any situation where a worker's fall risk is greater than four feet. Construction regulations require fall protection equipment for heights greater than six feet.
- Are scissor lifts considered to be mobile scaffolding by OSHA?
- According to OSHA, a scissor lift is considered mobile scaffolding where the platform moves only vertically. An aerial lift is classified as a vehicle-mounted platform with the ability to move vertically and horizontally.
- How do I move a scissor lift?
- Scissor lifts use a control box with selector dials to move vertically and horizontally. Control boxes will include an emergency stop button and a joy stick with left and right steering capabilities.