United Rentals has a robust selection of gas-powered chainsaw rentals with a variety of blade sizes, from 14-inch chainsaws to 24-inch chainsaws, and various accessories like a pruner power chainsaw head. Our experts can help you rent a chainsaw and find the right blade size to execute any of your tree felling, limbing or harvesting projects efficiently and effectively.
Although essential for many lawn and landscape projects, these machines can be extremely dangerous when not used properly. Read our article on common chainsaw safety mistakes and advice for how to avoid them before renting. Then browse our chainsaw inventory below.
FAQs About Chain Saws for Rent
What size chainsaw do I need?
- To determine what size chainsaw you need, the first thing to consider is the guide bar length. To measure a chainsaw bar (blade), you need to find the "effective cutting length." Measure from the tip of the blade to where the base is attached to the chainsaw, then round up to the nearest even number. Once you know the blade length, a good guideline is that the length should be at least 2 inches longer than the thickness of whatever branch or tree you need to cut through.
What fuel does a chainsaw use?
- Our gas-powered chainsaw rentals are fueled by regular unleaded gasoline mixed with a specific quantity of oil. United Rentals encourages operators to consult the owner’s manual for the optimal gas to oil ratio.
What kind of accessories do I need with my chainsaw?
- Chainsaw chaps/pant covers
- Helmet system that protects your head, eyes and ears
- Chainsaw wedges to prevent trees from falling in unsafe directions
- Chainsaw sharpening kit to sharpen your chainsaw and keep it running efficiently
- Bar and chain lubrication oil and a well-stocked first-aid kit in case of injury