Concrete Grinders & Planers (11)
Concrete grinders and concrete scarifiers - also known as planers, milling machines and rotary cutters - will grind away concrete and leave it smooth and prepped for coating. Whether you are removing glue layers or trip hazards, smoothing rough textures or repairing weather damage, our walk-behind concrete equipment will suit your residential DIY jobs and large construction sites.
Concrete scarifiers can remove your unwanted concrete quickly and efficiently, pummeling up to a quarter-inch of concrete in one pass. Concrete grinders range from single-head to heavy-duty dual-head machines for smoothing surfaces and preparing concrete for coating. We also have optional vacuum attachments for clean-up.
- How much will a concrete grinder remove?
- Concrete grinders vary in depth-of-grind depending on their size and how many heads the grinder has. Double-head grinders will remove more material in a single revolution compared to single-head grinders. Walk-behind concrete grinders will remove more material than handheld grinders. Dual-head walk behind grinders can remove up to 1/2 inch in an hour of grinding. See the specifications for the model.
- Can you cut concrete with a grinder?
- A walk-behind grinder will remove material a fraction of an inch across large areas. If you need to cut into concrete, check out our concrete saws available to rent. Not sure what you need? Call United Rentals today 833-548-9477.
- Can you cut or grind concrete with an angle grinder?
- Angle grinders were not designed to grind concrete, but contractors have used it for finishing work and cutting through tiles. In general, if you need to grind cement in a large area such as a garage, warehouse, sidewalk or parking lot then walk-behind concrete grinders would be the most efficient equipment. We also have specially designed saws to cut through concrete.
- What does a concrete scarifier do?
- A concrete scarifier otherwise known as a planer is used for heavy-duty concrete removal. These machines have a series of wheels made of steel or tungsten. These wheels spin and pummel the ground until the concrete breaks up. They are typically used for removing trip hazards, creating grooves for slip-resistant sidewalks, and leveling. United Rentals offers walk-behind scarifiers with optional vacuum attachments to help you with the clean up. Because scarifiers use these wheels, they leave the surfaces a rough texture. A concrete grinder would be able to smooth this roughness and prepare the concrete for coating.
- Dual grinding heads
- Easy maneuverability with dust control for faster cleanup
- Fume-free electric operation
- Use Cases: Ideal for smoothing concrete surfaces with diamond grinding stones, or scraping mastic off of concrete with carbide scraping attachment.
- Add this concrete grinder to your cart now
- Diamond Heads or Carbide Scrapers not included
- United Rentals will contact you to confirm requirements