Core Drills (39)
Concrete core drills will remove cylinders from concrete walls or slabs for jobs such as plumbing, mechanical or electrical work. United Rentals offers sturdy yet comfortable handheld core drills that can remove cores with up to 4 in. diameter. Our heavy-duty core drills can drill up to 10 in. cores. These core drills can easily cut through rebar or other obstructions within concrete slabs or walls. We also offer multiple core drill bit sizes such as diamond drill bits to add to your core drill rental for multiple applications.
- Can a core drill cut through rebar?
- Diamond core drill bits can cut through steel such as rebar. When drilling through concrete that contains rebar, you will feel the resistance when the drill bit meets the steel. Ease up on the pressure but maintain proper speed, and the diamond core drill will cut through.
- How do you core drill a concrete wall?
- First, you will need to measure the diameter of hole you need and the width of the concrete you need to drill through. A handheld core drill can remove cores less than 3 in. diameter and less than 4 in. wall thickness. If you need to drill a core 4 in. wide or more, regardless of wall thickness, a mounted core drill would be the correct choice. Read the instruction manual for your core drill for model-specific instructions. You should drill a starter hole with a drill bit before removing a core. Then, once you are ready to drill, do not use a hammer or force the drill otherwise you may damage the bit or injure yourself.
- Can you core drill concrete wall without anchor points?
- Mounted core drills will not work properly if they aren't anchored to the floor in some way. Some models require drilled anchor points, others have a vacuum seal system that will keep the rig secure on the floor while you drill.
- Can you core drill concrete dry?
- There are some core drills that are designed for wet and dry drilling. It is safer for operators to use water to keep dust down, but we offer vacuum attachment accessories available for dry drill applications.
- Can you core drill a concrete slab?
- Yes, you can core drill a concrete slab. For maximum stability, a rig mounted core drill can drill up to 10 in. diameter into slabs.