Lawn & Landscape (47)
Our fleet of lawn and landscape equipment includes a variety of tools to keep your landscape in tiptop shape. From hydraulic or gas augers to chippers and stumpers, we have what you need. We also carry several chainsaws in different sizes, all of which are designed to maximize safety when used, and to accommodate any project.
If you’re looking to maintain your plot of grass, choose from any of our lawn equipment tools. Sod cutters, weed eaters, log splitters, hedge trimmers and backpack leaf blowers will keep your lawn in the best shape possible.
How long does it take to grind a stump with a stump grinder?
- A stump grinder is a piece of heavy equipment that grinds the stump and main roots below the tree into wood chips. However, the time it takes to grind a stump depends on the size of the stump, the location and the weather. It can take anywhere from 15 minutes to several hours.
Do you really need to aerate your lawn?
- A lawn aerator rental from United Rentals can help you create the beautiful lawn you dream of. If you have compacted soil, soil with heavy foot traffic, or are renovating or planting a new lawn, aeration can help improve water and nutrient movement, improve rooting, prevent fertilizer and pesticide runoff, and enhance irrigation. The best time to aerate is in the fall; however, if your lawn is already healthy and green after the summer, there is no need to aerate.
What's the difference between a garden cultivator and a garden tiller?
- Garden cultivators are lighter pieces of equipment than tillers and are used to loosen the soil in existing areas, weeding the area, and mixing compost into the soil. Garden tillers are more powerful, with heavier, larger tines to work the soil. While tillers can perform smaller jobs in place of a garden cultivator, heavy-duty tillers are best used for larger projects like breaking up new ground or digging deep into the soil. United Rentals has a fleet of walk-behind and hand-held tillers for rent that are right for your project.
- 24 in. stainless steel, dual action blade cuts in either direction
- 5-position rotating rear handle for a variety of cutting positions
- Vibration-reduction system isolates front and rear handles from the engine and gear case for operator comfort
- Lightweight with a front-facing exhaust
- Add this hedge trimmer to your cart
- Articulating mechanism gives users multiple operating positions
- Padded grip: for optimal hand placement and increased comfort
- Extension attachment gives users 3 ft. of additional length for applications requiring further reach
- Dual action blade cuts in either direction
- Add this hedge trimmer attachment to your cart