Carpet Installation for Rent
Are you searching for carpet tool rentals? Then United Rentals has the options you need if you’re looking to begin installation projects for flooring. We offer carpet water extractors and other carpet installation tools for residential or commercial carpet jobs. Whether you're planning on installing carpet in your home, office or both, we have the equipment that will help make your job easier. We carry carpet water extractors — perfect for drying wet carpet — carpet padding and carpet glue. The top-recommended tools to have before starting a carpet installation project are a carpet knife (utility knife), tack strip cutter, hand stapler, knee-kicker, wall trimmer, power stretcher, measuring tape, seam roller, seaming iron and a hammer. If you're not sure which carpet installation tool to use for your project, our experts can help. We have a wide selection of carpet installation tools for rent, so you can find the perfect fit for your needs.
FAQs About Carpet Installation
What do I need to install carpet?
- Carpet installation is an in-depth process that tends to require many different tools. Depending on prior experience and knowledge, every tool may not be necessary. However, some of the suggested materials include tack strips, knee pads, a knee kicker, chalk line, tape measurer, a utility knife, duct tape, seaming tape, a seaming iron, a power stretcher and a carpet roller. Installing on different types of surfaces may require additional tools (e.g., a staple gun for wood subfloor installations). If you’re uncertain about what to use or how to carry out the installation process, consult with a specialist for guidance.
What do you need to remove carpet?
- There are several tools that you can use to remove carpet. Typically, you need goggles, knee pads, gloves and masks or other appropriate PPE; a heavy-duty utility knife; a screwdriver; a hammer; a pair of pliers; and a crowbar. You may also need a shop vacuum or broom and trash bags for cleanup.
How do I properly dispose of old carpet?
- Most carpet is considered recyclable. It may also be general garbage; however, in many cities because there’s usually such a large amount, it cannot be picked up as trash on your normal trash day. In this case, it has to be disposed of at a bulk site. If recycling, contact your local recycling center for guidance on proper pick up or delivery.
Carpet Water Extractor
- Up to 150 PSI of water lift
- Easy to operate
- Compact for convenient transport
- Large capacity tank
- Uses: Commercial cleaner that removes water or a cleaning treatment from carpet or upholstery
- Add this carpet water extractor to your cart now
Power Carpet Stretcher
- Easily adjustable
- Portable and lightweight
- Easily stretches carpets for installation in large rooms
- Prevents wrinkles
- Uses: Ideal for stretching out carpet over large areas while preventing wrinkling or bowing
- Add this power carpet stretcher to your cart now