Our customer experienced an increase in production waste water during high pressure cleaning activities within their gasometer. The challenge was to avoid oil, tar, coating and particles from inside the tank being transferred to the onsite wastewater plant whilst minimising downtime of the gasometer. Our customer was unable to store the volume of waste and needed to reduce the cost of disposal, so United Rentals provided an integrated solution to store and treat the wastewater.
BakerCorp designed and supplied an integrated solution including:
- Electric Centrifugal pumps to pump the contaminated wastewater towards the filtration system
- A Filtration “open top” tank 70 m³ and a Lamella Filter tank to filter oil and slow-settling particles
- An Electric centrifugal pump and an Eccentric screw pump to pump wastewater through a buffer tank into the filtration system
- A 70 m³ Separator tank measured and controlled the effluent before it was transferred back to the wastewater treatment plant.
- Bag Filter systems were implemented to further filter oil out of the wastewater
- Electric Screw pumps captured larger particles and directed them towards the dewatering box
Using the United Rentals integrated fluid solution, our customer saved significantly on disposal costs because the wastewater was treated within the comprehensive filtration system, reducing the amount of waste produced. The effluent was filtered of any oil and waste particles which, in turn, prevented the tripping of the wastewater treatment plant, increasing the effectiveness and safety of the solution. Downtime within the gasometer was minimised and no external storage facility was required.
Filtration "Open Top" Tank 70m³
Electric Centrifugal Pump
Bag Filter Systems
Lamella Filter Tank 150 SS
4" Eccentric Screw Pump ATEX
Separator Tank Lined 70m³
CHEMICAL DOSING UNIT: STORAGE & REUSE OF CHEMICALS
A Petrochemical site faced repeated clogging events within a dosing unit required for the treatment of water released from a vapour treatment process