Fluid & Power solutions engineered to handle the most hazardous chemicals
We provide large capacity temporary fluid and power solutions for petrochemical plants, refinery turnarounds and maintenance. From storing even the harshest of chemicals across the pH scale to providing temporary power during a transformer breakdown, United Rentals solutions are engineered to suit your chemical plant maintenance needs. Partnered with our range of ancillary equipment and a highly dedicated team, our fluid and power solutions ranges are designed to help you save time and reduce disposal costs whilst providing tremendous flexibility within efficient timescales.
Our customers challenge was to avoid oil, tar, coating and particles from inside the tank being transferred to the onsite wastewater treatment plant whilst minimising downtime of the gasometer.
A Petrochemical site faced repeatedly clogging issues within a dosing system required for the treatment of water released from a vapor treatment process. After thorough investigation it became clear that these events were caused by a high concentration of suspended solids coming from an onsite chemical containment facility.
During an extensive shutdown of a crude distillation unit (CDU), the primary cleaning contractor for a large refinery asked United Rentals for containment equipment to support the project. Initially, only additional storage capacity to buffer the effluent following cleaning was required.
Like in many industries, our customer performed a complete safety and quality review of several large storage tanks within there Tank Terminal. After a complete review and performed maintenance effort, the integrity of the tanks had to be checked and approved by a Hydrotest.
Gasometer: Treatment of wastewater after high pressure cleaning
Chemical Dosing Unit: Storage and reuse of chemicals
Crude Distillation Unit - Decontamination of particles during cleaning
Tank Farm: Storage & treatment of water during Hydro Testing
- Tank farm: Storage & treatment of water during hydro testing
- Gasometer: Treatment of wastewater after high pressure cleaning
- Chemical Dosing Unit: Storage & reuse chemicals
- Cat-cracker: Storage & treatment of flooding water
- Jetting facility: Additional storage capacity during turnaround
- Pipelines: Treatment of flushing water during pigging
- Cooling water: Treatment of polluted cooling water
- Pumping system: Bypass during maintenance
- Transformer: Storage & treatment of oil
- Transformer: Temporary power during system failure
- Boiler: Storage & treatment of flushing water
- Boiler: Temporary additional power during shutdown
- Exhaust system: Containment of chemicals
- Pure water system: Mixing of feed water
- More Power Generation & Distribution applications
- Settling pond: Additional settling capacity
- Oil water separator: Additional capacity during turnaround
- Sewer: Bypass during maintenance
- Neutralisation: Additional storage of additives
- Brine Pump: Temporary power during loss of electricity
- More wastewater treatment applications
Temporary containment for a broad range of liquids.
Transfer solutions for industrial applications.
Solids, liquids or vapour separation solutions to capture contaminants for responsible disposal.
Temporary power solutions for your most challenging industrial projects.