- 30 minutes
- No Expiration
20.00per seat (x1)
15-29 seats - 10% Off
30 or more seats - 15% Off
This training course is conducted in Spanish
Crystalline silica is a common mineral found in the earth's crust. Materials like sand, stone, concrete, and mortar contain crystalline silica. It is also used to make products such as glass, pottery, ceramics, bricks, and artificial stone. Workers who inhale these very small crystalline silica particles are at increased risk of developing serious silica-related diseases, including silicosis, lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and kidney disease.
Exposure to respirable crystalline silica can occur during common construction tasks. About two million construction workers are exposed to respirable crystalline silica in over 600,000 workplaces.
- Understand what silica is and the different types
- Be aware of silica hazards in the workplace
- Be able to prevent exposure to silica through control methods
- Know the best practices with dealing with silica exposure
- Be informed on the first aid of silica exposure
This training program focuses on the needs of the “end user”, and upon successful completion, will provide an updated operator's certificate and wallet card.
Price per seat