United Rentals, Inc. is the largest equipment rental company in the world. The company has an integrated network of 1,186 rental locations in North America and 11 in Europe. In North America, the company operates in 49 states and every Canadian province. The company’s approximately 18,500 employees serve construction and industrial customers, utilities, municipalities, homeowners and others. The company offers approximately 3,800 classes of equipment for rent with a total original cost of $14.18 billion. United Rentals is a member of the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index, the Barron’s 400 Index and the Russell 3000 Index® and is headquartered in Stamford, Conn. Additional information about United Rentals is available at unitedrentals.com.
Our diverse customer base includes construction and industrial companies, utilities, municipalities, government agencies and independent contractors. Most of our customers align with three categories: approximately 50% are non-construction, such as industrial; 46% are non-residential construction; and 4% are residential. We provide every customer with access to the best people, equipment and solutions in the industry.
Deploy the best people, equipment and solutions to enable our customers to safely build a better and stronger future.
- Act, and require others to act, in a manner that puts the safety of our employees, customers and communities first.
A Passion For People
- Provide an environment where everyone has the resources and support to work towards their full potential.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Maintain an engaging workplace where individuals from a wide range of cultures, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives can work together and thrive.
- Lead by example in every business decision and action, with a sense of humility and responsibility.
- Support the best interests of our customers and develop better ways for them to succeed at their jobs.
- Always do the right thing, honor commitments and ensure appropriate corporate governance.
- Be an outstanding corporate citizen and a good neighbor in every sense by being helpful, respectful, law-abiding and friendly.
- Contribute to a culture of innovative thinking that empowers employees to improve quality, efficiency and customer service.
- Engage in practices that lead to positive change by encouraging social accountability and environmental responsibility.