- 8 hours
- 1 year
149.00per seat (x1)
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Part 46 2022 Refresher (8-Hour) course is designed to provide participants with up-to-date training/information, as well as provide the mine’s Competent Person with the tools needed to promote a high level of both focus and safety at all times.
MSHA requires yearly refresher training for miners working in sand, gravel, surface stone, surface clay, colloidal phosphate, or surface limestone mines, and this course provides that comprehensive overview. In addition to the material covered in this course, the Competent Person must provide the miner at a minimum with instruction on changes at the mine that could adversely affect the miner's safety and health.
PLEASE NOTE: The training is only applicable to the MSHA Title 30, Part 46 regulations for sand, gravel, surface stone, surface clay, colloidal phosphate, or surface limestone mining. This training does not fulfill Part 48 training requirements.
NOTICE: THE FOLLOWING IS NEW FOR 2022
- COVID-19 standards and reinforcement of basic prevention methods from CDC and MSHA guidance
- MSHA‘s Powered Haulage Safety Initiative offers a continuing focus of MSHA due to the high percentage of fatalities in this area
- Most recent top 10 citations issued by MSHA to raise awareness among miners
- Brief description of MSHA’s newly updated procedure manuals, providing insight into how MSHA will enforce their standards
- 2021 fatal incidents and lessons learned in order to prevent future catastrophes
- Coccidioidomycosis (Valley Fever) information regarding identification and prevention of this expanding health concern in the Southwest and Western US
- MSHA’s legislative agenda for 2021-2022, including MSHA’s Proposed Surface Mine Equipment Rule and the Silica rule that has been on the agenda for several years
The MSHA Part 46 2022 Refresher (8-Hour) training is designed to cover essential topics as they pertain to surface mine safety and health standards. Throughout the course, participants can expect to learn the following:
- Important and relevant safety and health issues that will be focus of MSHA attention in 2022
- A review of the mine working environment
- Best practices for recognizing, avoiding, and reporting common hazards, including electricity, hazardous energies, confined spaces, and conveyors
- Fire warning signals and firefighting best practices
- Safety and health aspects of mining tasks
- Essential safety topics, including first aid, emergency medical procedures and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- The dangers of silica dust and blood-borne pathogens
- Emergency situations, including escape and evacuation
- MSHA miners' rights and responsibilities
- Supervisor and representative MSHA roles and responsibilities
- Machine guarding, lockout/tagout (LOTO), fall prevention, etc.
Price per seat