NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. RENTALS OR PURCHASES DO NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to real persons who are followers of @United.Rentals Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/united.rentals/), provide an answer to daily questions in the comments section of the daily questions, include the hashtag #TurnsForTroops with their comment, and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of the publication of each of the daily questions. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States of America, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of United Rentals, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of United Rentals as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on March 07, 2018 at the time of the first contest question publication and ending on March 10, 2018 at 11:59pm PST. All online entries must be received by 11:59pm PST on the day that each question is issued.
4. How to Enter: You enter the Campaign by submitting an answer to the published question within the comments section of each individual question. Your entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of United Rentals. You may enter only once per question. You must provide the information requested, including the hashtag #TurnsForTroops. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of United Rentals.United Rentals reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to exclude certain individuals from participating.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a die cast model 2017 Graham Rahal #15 car. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize and the Winner(s) shall be determined at the sole discretion of United Rentals. The prizes shall be the items identified, or a substitute like-value item as solely determined by United Rentals. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at United Rentals’ discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for United Rentals to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner(s) will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of United Rentals. Winner(s) will be notified by a direct message on Instagram within five (5) days following selection of Winner(s). United Rentals shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for a Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 2 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winners of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNERS (AT UNITED RENTALS’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN A WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that United Rentals, anyone acting on behalf of United Rentals and United Rentals’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, Your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without compensation and without any further notice, review, or consent. By entering this campaign, You represent and warrant that Your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of United Rentals. If the content of Your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless United Rentals from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which United Rentals may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: United Rentals reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign for any reason or no reason whatsoever. In such case and in its sole discretion, United Rentals may select the Winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by United Rentals. United Rentals reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. United Rentals has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, United Rentals reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless United Rentals its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; or (v) electronic or human error in the selection and announcement of the Winners, the distribution of the prizes, the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CONNECTICUT, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Connecticut having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is United Rentals with a primary place of business located at 100 FIRST STAMFORD PLACE, SUITE 700, STAMFORD, CT 06902. To obtain a copy of the names of the winners or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Legal Department, United Rentals, Inc., 100 First Stamford Place, Stamford, CT 06902. Requests must be received no later than 30 days after the end of the Campaign Period.
13. Hosting: The Campaign is hosted by United Rentals and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other party beyond United Rentals.