From air chain hoist rentals to come alongs and grip pullers, United Rentals has the hoist rentals to get the job done. Electric chain hoists hook onto nearly anything, making them great for lifting and lowering heavy loads in tight areas that traditional lifts can't access. Grip pullers are smaller than come-a-longs and use wire rope to similarly lift, pull, lower or stretch your loads.
- How do you mount an electric hoist to the ceiling?
- United Rentals offers electric chain hoists with a hook block, making it easy to mount the hoist in even tight areas. Before mounting the chain hoist, be sure to check the supporting structure and the connection between the load hook and structure to make sure they are able to withstand the weight of the load.
- What kind of hydraulic fluid do you use for an engine hoist?
- When replacing the fluid in your hydraulic engine hoist, you should only use high quality grade hydraulic jack oil that's made specifically for jacks of engine hoists. If you have any questions, the manual for your engine hoist should provide recommended products.
- Is an aerial lift the same as a hoist lift?
- No, an aerial lift is a work platform that is mounted on a vehicle and can be moved vertically and/or horizontally. It is used to lift both people and equipment to inaccessible areas. A hoist lifts or lowers a load using a rope or chain wrapped around a drum in a pulley system that's powered manually or by a hydraulic, electric or engine-driven motor.