Boom Lifts (56)
Boom lifts come in two designs: Articulating (Knuckle) booms, and Telescopic (Straight) booms.
Articulating Boom Lifts are aerial work platforms with multiple sections that "articulate," allowing the user to gain access to work areas that may be blocked by barriers or obstacles. Also known as "Knuckle Booms," these units are very versatile and work well in areas with hard to reach places.
Telescopic Boom Lifts are aerial work platforms with sections that extend telescopically. They are commonly referred to as "Stick Booms." These lifts offer greater horizontal outreach than any other type of aerial platform, allowing you to work in areas with limited access points.
Find the best electric and towable boom lift rental options for the job with United Rentals.
Can a boom lift be used as a crane?
- OSHA regulation prohibits boom lifts to be used outside its intended use, including functioning as a crane. Regulations also prohibit a crane from being used as an aerial platform.
How high do boom lifts go?
- The maximum height of boom lifts varies by model. United Rentals offers a variety of boom lifts for a range of jobs, including S-Boom Telescopic Lifts 40' to 85' Heights, Telescopic and Articulating Boom Lifts 29' to 86' Heights and articulating Boom Lifts 30' to 80' Heights, Genie Z-Boom Aerial Lifts 30' to 60' Heights, Trailer Boom Lifts 34' to 50' Heights and diesel-powered High Reach Boom Lifts 120' to 185' Heights.
What is the horizontal reach?
- Horizontal reach is the distance the platform can be safely away from the base of the boom lift. The horizontal reach of a lift varies by model. Reference OSHA regulations before renting to ensure the boom lift is the right aerial work platform for the job. Typically, articulating boom lifts have a much higher vertical reach than horizontal reach.
- Nylon body harness included
- Complies with federal safety regulation for personal fall protection
- Connectors included
- Vertical lanyard and horizontal line included
- Add this personal fall protection to your cart now
- High-reaching lift with over 141' working height
- Up-and-over height up to 75' with riser extended
- Maximum horizontal reach of 69' with riser retracted
- Heavy duty for outdoor jobsites
- Add this 135-ft. articulating boom to your cart now
- Electric, gas and diesel models available
- Rentals available for rough terrain or finished surfaces
- Reach out and over obstacles with articulating lift
- Each lift is inspected for safety and operation
- Add this articulating boom lift to your cart now
- Efficient, fume-free, electric powered
- Various lift platform heights available to rent
- Narrow width, fits through standard doorways
- Excellent maneuverability
- Add this narrow track articulating boom lift to your cart now
- Fume-free electric boom lifts are perfect for indoor work
- Up and over height over 20'
- 2WD and 30% gradeability appropriate for any indoor site and mild outdoor terrain
- Platform rotates 180 degrees
- Add this 40-ft. electric boom lift to your cart now