- Meets jet blast safety standards
- Full 270-degree access around the platform
- Accessory kit for boom lifts
- United Rentals will contact you to confirm requirements
- Uses: Allows operators to safely work outside the platform
- Add this fall arrest system to your cart now
Boom Lifts (5)
Boom lifts come in two designs: Articulating (Knuckle) booms, and Telescopic (Straight) booms.
Articulating Boom Lifts are aerial work platforms with multiple sections that "articulate," allowing the user to gain access to work areas that may be blocked by barriers or obstacles. Also known as "Knuckle Booms," these units are very versatile and work well in areas with hard to reach places.
Telescopic Boom Lifts are aerial work platforms with sections that extend telescopically. They are commonly referred to as "Stick Booms." These lifts offer greater horizontal outreach than any other type of aerial platform, allowing you to work in areas with limited access points.
Find the best electric and towable boom lift rental options for the job with United Rentals.
Can a boom lift be used as a crane?
- OSHA regulation prohibits boom lifts to be used outside its intended use, including functioning as a crane. Regulations also prohibit a crane from being used as an aerial platform.
How high do boom lifts go?
- The maximum height of boom lifts varies by model. United Rentals offers a variety of boom lifts for a range of jobs, including S-Boom Telescopic Lifts 40' to 85' Heights, Telescopic and Articulating Boom Lifts 29' to 86' Heights and articulating Boom Lifts 30' to 80' Heights, Genie Z-Boom Aerial Lifts 30' to 60' Heights, Trailer Boom Lifts 34' to 50' Heights and diesel-powered High Reach Boom Lifts 120' to 185' Heights.
What is the horizontal reach?
- Horizontal reach is the distance the platform can be safely away from the base of the boom lift. The horizontal reach of a lift varies by model. Reference OSHA regulations before renting to ensure the boom lift is the right aerial work platform for the job. Typically, articulating boom lifts have a much higher vertical reach than horizontal reach.
- Nylon body harness included
- Complies with federal safety regulation for personal fall protection
- Connectors included
- Vertical lanyard and horizontal line included
- Add this personal fall protection to your cart now
- Complies with OSHA standards for CO2 emissions
- Clean up the jobsite air quality easily
- Attaches to gas and diesel engines
- Protect your crew and your site
- Add this exhaust scrubber accessory to your cart now
- Transport materials safely to full elevation
- Reduce strain from bending and picking up equipment
- Attaches to boom lifts easily and securely
- Ergonomic and convenient
- Add this tray accessory kit to your cart now
- Conserve space on your boom lift with specialized welder attachment
- Welder supplies 250 amp power to the boom lift, saving fuel
- Secured to the lift to avoid theft and fall risks
- No leads hanging over the edge of the lift
- Add this welding package to your boom lift rental now