Aerial Attachments & Safety (9)
Aerial work platforms including boom lifts, scissor lifts and personnel lifts often require additional safety gear or other attachments to ensure a safe work environment. From baskets to pipe cradle and exhaust scrubbers, United Rentals has the right attachments to enhance the versatility and productivity of your lifts.
- Can you use a scissor lift on a slope?
- The Manufacturers Identification Plate on the aerial work platform will specify the appropriate grade an aerial lift is equipped to handle. Some models of scissor lifts use tilt level sensors to identify if the slope is at a safe working angle.
- What do scrubbers do?
- Scrubbers are attachments that bolt onto the muffler of aerial work platforms with the purpose of maintaining clean working environments. If the job site requires a clean working environment, electric lifts could be used as an alternative in order to reduce emissions of carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons.
- Should you wear a harness in a cherry picker?
- A harness is required to be worn while operating a cherry picker, regardless of height.